Hey everyone! I know that it has been a minute since I have posted. I have so much that I want to share, and, eventually, will get all of that into words and onto the web. For now, I have some AMAZING news to share!As most of you know, the Hermanas en Cristo program is very close to my heart. Many of you, though, may not understand how the program works. I would like to share that with you.
All of the ladies in the group are considered business owners. The purpose in that is to create ownership in the group. When they feel ownership, it also empowers them and helps build their self-worth. In order to stop the cycle of poverty, HEC’s vision/purpose has been to empower and educate the women in our group, as we, FIRST, grow their faith!
That being said, the women receive 100% of the sales. However, 100% does not go into their pocket because THEY ARE BUSINESS OWNERS. By creating the system this way, they understand that running a business costs money. There are 4 ways that they split their money: 30% for cost of doing business (supplies, shipping supplies, additional costs, etc), 10% for their employee, Rosa’s, salary, 10% for our university scholarship fund, and the remaining 50% to support their family. I have numerous stories that I would love to share about the changes that have occurred in the women. I have seen true transformations in the self-esteem of the women as they have grown their relationship with God and seen that they have worth as His child…and, also, as they have been able to support their families as business owners.
Now, with that being said, we have 2 women and 1 young adult in the group that are currently attending university. Whoop! Whoop!
What many of you do not know is that my family has been supplementing the bottomline of the group for the past two years as we have been getting “up and running”. Prior to moving back to the states, our sales only consisted of mission teams coming down 6 times a year and various sales that I was able to have online or when I came to the US for visits.
So….here is where the praise report comes in: Due to sales from August, September, and October, HERMANAS EN CRISTO IS NOW FULLY SUPPORTING THEMSELVES!!! Not only are they fully self-supporting now, THEY WILL SOON BE ABLE TO OFFER ANOTHER SCHOLARSHIP! This is absolutely God’s hand at work! Can I just get a group “amen” on that one?!
As always, if you would ever like to partner with these ladies to provide additional scholarships, let us know! The more women and young girls that are educated and empowered, the more change that they can make in their own community. (It typically costs between $50-$75 a month for university tuition.)
MOST IMPORTANTLY, please continue to pray for the ladies in the group. Specific prayers are:
- More “non-believers” continue to join our group (We have 37 total women in the group at this time. About 1/3 of the group are still non-believers AND they are spending time weekly and daily in the Word. Praises!)
- Our sales continue to rise to provide additional scholarships
- Our Holiday sales just blow us away!!! (We are continually looking for more craft fairs to sell our jewelry. We have also been blessed to get discounted or free booth rental space to reduce outgoing costs. Please pray that we continue to receive that grace!)
- We will be scheduling Home Parties soon. Please pray that more and more ladies in the US will be willing to open their homes for these parties to help support these ladies.
- We have several boutiques that will possibly begin selling our jewelry soon! Please continue to pray that we are able to work that out in a way that is financially beneficial to all parties involved.
- Hermanas en Cristo TRULY believes in ‘women supporting women”. That being said, we will also begin selling jewelry from another program in the DR that helps rehab and support women that have escaped the sex trade industry. Pray that both groups are blessed in amazingly abundant ways as we support one another.
- Pray for each and every woman in this group that they continue to fall deeper in love with Christ. Pray that all of their marriages continue to strengthen so their family unit as a whole will continue to blossom. Pray for each woman that their own hurts are healed and prayers are answered.
- We are also currently working towards getting an intern that will help with marketing and social media information. Pray that God sends exactly who we need for this.
- Pray for Rosa as she continues to fight for and work hard for this group. Pray that she is blessed in numerous ways!