We are often asked, “When do you think that you will return to the states to live, or will you ever?” My response is always, “When, or if, God closes this door”.
On January 29th, we will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary in the Dominican Republic. These past 4 years have been incredible and difficult and joyful and challenging. We have learned so much about ourselves and God’s will and guidance in our lives. He has broken us and molded us closer to His image…with much more molding needed! We have learned how to truly “love our neighbor” and how to “lean into God for our strength”. We have learned how to selflessly serve others because God desires us to ‘serve one another’.
We have been hearing God speak to our hearts over the past 6 months. If we are honest, it has been longer. We didn’t want to hear what He had to say. However, we know all too well what happens when we don’t listen to God and His will for our lives. Now, we must be obedient to His will…
It is with sadness and understanding that we want to announce…
God is closing this door to our service in La Represa…
He has clearly stated that He will be sending us to a “season of rest and healing”. We are tired. We have served with all of the energy, passion, and love that God has filled inside of us over the past 4 years. We are emotionally, physically, and spiritually tired and empty. It is time to heal minor health issues that we have, and allow ourselves to be filled and fed emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
At this time, we do not know our next step. He has not revealed that to us. We have resigned our position as New Vision missionaries, and will fulfill our responsibilities with them in July. We do not know if God wants us to stay in the Dominican Republic or return to the states. We do not know if we will be returning to TN or to FL…or another state or country altogether. We only know that we will have a ‘season of rest and healing’ for now.
Please join us in prayer as we finish our time here in La Represa. This community is family to us. This decision was not an easy one to make, and one that was made with much prayer and discernment (and tears). To leave here will be one of the most difficult things we have done. Our specific prayer requests for now are:
- We FINISH STRONG. Pray that we serve well until the end.
- Pray for our girls. They were 11 and 13 when we moved here. This is the life that they know and the hearts that they love. This community has embraced them as their own children, and my girls think of them as family, as well.
- Pray for our family’s hearts as we will be saying many ‘goodbyes’ over the next 7 months. In our own strength, we will not be able to do this. In His, we can be comforted.
- Pray for discernment as more decisions will need to be made. Pray that He makes it clear to us where we need to live. Pray that He provides a home, income, and direction.
- Pray for many fears that we have as we make this transition. The unknown is always fearful. However, sometimes the known can be even more fearful. Pray that we have TRUST IN HIM, as opposed to fear in our flesh.
- Pray for the missionary family and interns that will coming in behind us. Pray that God brings them forward. Pray as God begins to prepare their hearts.
- Pray for this wonderful, sweet community. They are not accustomed to saying ‘goodbye’ to the ones that they love. They have already learned how hard that was by saying ‘goodbye’ to Keely, and they will be doing the same next week when Kristi leaves. As we leave the field, Macy’s internship will be over in July, and she will be returning with us.
Thank you for all of your love and support over the past 4 years. For those of you, that messaged us regularly, prayed for us, and supported us in ways too numerous to mention, THANK YOU!